Subject: Re: Blocky DVEs Was:Best HD for FLYER?
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: ED JAKOBER <[email-masked]>
Cc: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 22:40:11 -0400 (EDT)

> I am assuming (hoping) that similar abilities become available on the
> Amiga. Even totally programable (create from scratch) DVEs would be nice.
> Batch render would be nice, that is.. to render and replace all the
> DVE (effect) croutons in a Flyer project with rendered ones, rendered 
> during lunch, after hours or whenever the machine is free.

Ah, but it WILL.  NewTek BBS Sysop Chuck Baker mentioned that when the VT 
for Windows ships, an upgrade (which you'll have to pay for -- none of 
this free stuff past 4.1... whenever that is...)  will ship for the Amiga 
version (4.5?) which WILL include the rendered effects.  The Amiga 
version will NOT be left behind.

Also, VT/Windoze won't even be shipping (or even extensivly worked on) 
until LW 4.0 and Flyer 4.1 ship.  Therefore, based on NewTek's current 
record, VT/Windoze will ship early next mellinium... :)

I'll be staying with my Amiga (maybe adding an Alpha for renders :) ), so 
I'll be looking for those rendered wipes!

-- Joe
--
Joe Angell <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]